We (Secure Data Media Solutions Ltd. [SDMS]) may require basic information which identifies you as an individual (“Personal Information”), such as your name, email address and phone number, in order to enable you to take advantage of particular services that we offer, for example when you send us a question / request from our “contact us” page or further information on a specific product. We will only use such Personal Information for the purposes of providing information which you have requested, or for other purposes set out in these Terms.
We respect the importance of your privacy. You have a right to make your own choices about how your personal information is used. We know that when you provide personal information to us you are showing you trust us and we take that seriously. We will only use your personal information in the way we explain in this Privacy Notice.
This privacy notice applies to all personal information we collect or process about you. Personal information is information, or a combination of pieces of information that could reasonably allow you to be identified. Please read this Notice carefully.
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address and telephone number
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We may on occasion make use of Personal Information that we collect in order to help us administer the Website and/or for marketing purposes. We may for instance send you information about our services that we feel might be of particular interest to you.
If you do not wish us to make use of your Personal Information in this way, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will also give you the opportunity to opt out of future marketing whenever we send you marketing material.
- (i) to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- (ii) in connection with any legal proceedings (including prospective legal proceedings), or
- (iii) in order to establish, exercise or defend the legal rights of SDMS, we will not disclose your Personal Information to any other party without first obtaining your permission.
Employees, contractors and agents of SDMS may be given access to any Personal Information which we collect, but their use shall be limited to the performance of their duties and in line with the reason for processing. Our employees, contractors and agents who have access to your Personal Information are required to keep that information confidential and are not permitted to use it for any purposes other than to enable you to use the Website or to deal with requests which you submit to us.
- Correction, Update and Deletion of the Personal Data
SDMS will provide you with a possibility to ensure that the personal data you provided to us is accurate and up to date. You can request correction, update and deletion of your personal information via e-mail sent to email@example.com, and we will use reasonable efforts to contact you regarding your request.
In case you chose to be on a mailing list for periodic email updates regarding SDMS services and events, you also can use this e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org to send us a notification that you no longer want to receive such information. We will honour your choice and refrain from sending you such announcements. You may change your choice at any time. To update or delete your data or correct an inaccuracy, we may ask you to verify your identity and cooperate with us in our effort.
- How We Use Your Personal Information and The Basis on Which We Use It
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Identification and authentication: We use your identification information to verify your identity when you access and use our services and to ensure the security of your personal information. We rely on the legitimate interest legal basis to do so in order to provide you with a secure service.
- Operating the services: We process your personal information to provide the services and products you have requested. We rely on the legitimate interest legal basis to do so in response to your requests.
- Responding to your requests and inquiries: We use your personal information to respond to any requests and inquiries you make to us. We rely on the legitimate interest legal basis to do so in order to provide an efficient response to your request.
- Improving our services: We analyse information about how you use our services to provide an improved experience for our customers. It is in our legitimate business interests to use the information provided to us for this purpose so we can understand any issues with our services to improve it.
- Exercising our rights: We may use any of the categories of your personal information to exercise our legal rights where it is necessary to do so, for example to detect, prevent and respond to fraud claims, intellectual property infringement claims or violations of law or the contract. It is in our legitimate interests to respond to any such claims in order to defend our legal rights.
- Marketing: We may use your personal information to personalise the marketing messages we send to you and to make them more relevant and interesting, including providing you with information on any of our new and/or existing products. It is in our legitimate interest to carry out marketing in order to promote our business and, where necessary, we will obtain your consent first. You always have the right to opt-out.
- Information Sharing
We may share your personal information with third parties under the following circumstances:
- Service providers and business partners. We may share your personal information with our service providers and business partners that perform marketing services and other business operations for us. For example, we may partner with other companies to process secure payments, fulfil orders, optimize our services, send newsletters and marketing emails, support email and messaging services and analyse information.
- Law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party. We may share your personal information with these parties where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party.
- Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You are legally entitled to request details of the personal information which we hold about you, under the UK’s Data Protection Act 1998.
If you would like a copy of your information, believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete or have any other data protection related issues or queries, please contact SDMS’s Data Protection Officer:
Secure Data Media Solutions Ltd.
Unit 3 Gloucester House, County Park,
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- Information Security and Retention
We implement technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk to the personal information we process. These measures are aimed at ensuring the on-going integrity and confidentiality of personal information. We evaluate these measures on a regular basis to ensure the security of the processing.
We will keep your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you. When deciding how long to keep your personal information after our relationship with you has ended, we take into account our legal obligations and regulators’ expectations. We may also retain records to investigate or defend potential legal claims.
We will retain your personal information in accordance with our data retention policy which sets out data retention periods required or permitted by applicable law.
The Internet is a global environment and using the Internet to collect and process data can involve the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing our Website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge our processing of data in this way. However, we will endeavor to protect all Personal Information collected through our Website in accordance with strict data protection standards.
- Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
If you are concerned that we have breached a privacy law or code binding on us, please send an email to email@example.com. We aim to respond in a reasonable time (normally 30 days). Our Data Protection Officer will manage your complaint and will give you additional information about how it will be handled.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you believe we do have not handled your request in an appropriate manner. For information on contacting the ICO please see their website.
- Changes to the Terms
SDMS reserves the right, at its discretion, to make changes to any part of the Website, the Information or these Terms.
SDMS may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy is effective from 2nd February 2018. By continuing to use the Website you agree to be bound by these Terms as amended.